A symbol of Seiffen tradition
The leaping deer in front of a fir – this symbol adorns wrought-iron garden gates, lanterns and homes throughout Seiffen, not to mention the Toy Museum.
Originally designed by Max Schanz (1895–1953), teacher and director emeritus of the State Toy School, it served in 1936 as the signet for promoting Seiffen toys and was later the logo for the entire toymaking village for many years.
As the emblem of the “good old Seiffen school”, the design was adapted into the logo for DREGENO eG in 1954 by the influential Seiffen teacher and woodworker Hans Reichelt (1922–2003).
The “leaping deer” still symbolizes handcrafted perfection and the wealth of creativity in Erzgebirge wooden art to the present day.